Next Cash and Carry

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Actor OC Ukeje says he can't play nude roles, even for an OSCAR.


Award winning nollywood actor, OC Ukeje revealed in an interview with Ynaija that he would never play a nude or gay role in a movie even for an Oscar. He went ahead to say, Dark-skinned people don't measure up to light-skinned people when it comes to on-screen nudity. 

Read his words below....
"Also as far as nudity goes, I have seen films where there was nudity and that is the last thing you remember about the film because it was done very, very professionally. First of all, I don’t think anyone wants to see my black butt on screen because in the business of film making aesthetics are very important. The picture has to be fine. Darker skinned people just do not play as well nude, on screen.
 I am not subscribing to any skin colour superiority but I think that in film, everyone wants a beautiful picture. For the last film I made, because I have spots on my back, the director wanted me totally covered up so every time they needed me bare-chested, they used make up to cover all the spots. The percentage of open-minded people is very negligible. I was in ‘Hoodrush’ recently and when some promotional pictures were released, my hairy body was a big topic on social media, with people insisting it was not a pretty sight. Because of that, I have learnt to shave down to my legs"

Hmmm....... I beg to differ.......dark-skinned people are every bit as attractive o. Just say you can't act nude roles......leave skin colors out of it.

4 comments:

  1. Never even heard of him before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hes so irrelevant eh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need free Google+ Circles?
    Did you know you can get these AUTOMATICALLY AND ABSOLUTELY FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete